>You know, in America, we have this old adage “When it rains it pours.” That has been life at the Bean house recently. Things have just not been up to our usually sunny standards. First, every blogger in Jordan seems to be taking a hiatus (except Nas, of course, but he’s not even IN Jordan). As if that weren’t bad enough, life is just hard now. And is it because – wait for it – I’m SPOILED! Yes, I’m actually admitting that life in Jordan has turned me really, really soft (read that super-wimpy). So, let me tell you my tale of woes.
HelperBean is on vacation. For a month. Do I really need to say anything more? Really? The back-up person who has been doing our cleaning seems to just pick what she wants to clean that day. And, while I’m pretty darn lackadaisical about such things, not having the kitchen floor cleaned at least twice a week is really a problem. Last time she helped out, it took a month to find all of the things she had rearranged in our absence. This time, on the day she seems to have neglected the kitchen floor, she spent time rearranging our bathroom cupboard. El 3atal was not at all pleased. While is may have looked untidy and disorganized, we knew exactly where everything was and it had rhyme and reason (at least to us). So, the house is not spic and span these days.
As if that weren’t bad enough, ButterBean got the nasty rotavirus that’s been going around town. So, she’s been alternately puking up her lunch and feeling just fine. I’ve had a nasty case of Montezuma’s Revenge and MimiBean has a sinus infection. So, tell me, are we pitiful enough?
Of course, adding insult to injury is the fact that ButterBean’s best friend in the world just left town for 3 months! (Kinzi, how COULD you?!), Teta and JiddoBean went for over two weeks to visit 3ammoBean, and El 3atal has been traveling. So, yep, It’s down to the sick MommaBean and ailing MimiBean to keep 3 kids occupied.
And, it continues… the school decided to close for Independence Day yesterday too. So, not even the chance to drop them off and have some quiet nap-time. Yikes!
Okay, so how long can I whine and moan for? Well, that’s pretty much it. Now, I’m going to count my blessings…
- HelperBean will be back in just 16 days (okay 15 days and 7 hours, but who’s counting?).
- School may have been closed yesterday for us, but many people were still in school, so our trip to Jungle Bungle’s outdoor (and then indoor) playground was fairly quiet with few kids.
- I’ve dropped 10 pounds in one week from the lack of appetite and the medicine to treat it features the same (maybe I’ll lose the whole 50 I need to by the time I’m done, ha!).
- Quality time with the Beans has been plentiful and I feel connected and closer.
- I get the whole bed to myself.
- ButterBean and the TwinBeans graduate from KG2 and Pre-school this week and I’m SUPER excited!
- Except for minor aliments, we still have our health.
- If one of the kids has to be sick, I’m glad it’s ButterBean because she’s so good natured that it isn’t nearly as unpleasant as it could be.
- Lil Kinz is coming back (she’s just on vacation).
- Summer school is extra fun and starts in just a week, so all the kids are excited.
You see, even when the clouds get you down, you’ve got to look for that silver lining!