>Okay, ladies and gents… I actually managed to drag El 3atal out tonight after we go the kids to bed to help the 7iber and Aramex folks. First, it was a good crowd, even though we got there late. Kudos to those who turned out. So, here are my top ten reasons you should get on out there tomorrow and help finish up food sorting (and maybe start clothes… one can only hope).
- You can skip the gym. Yep, with all the bending and moving and lifting (cans not boxes ladies), you get a work out and can skip the gym or whatever exercise it is that you do (and get some if you don’t do any).
- It not scary or intimidating. If you’re like me and a weetle nervous about going into an unknown situation, rest assured it’s very simple and non-threatening.
- You get to meet celebrities of the blogging world like Nas, Qabbani, Ali, and maybe even MommaBean…
- You get out of the cold. Okay, so maybe it is chilly, but with all the work-out you’re getting, you won’t even notice it (at least I didn’t).
- You can shame your spouse into doing more than “brain work” in support of the cause (at least once anyway).
- You can meet new people who share your humanity and heart for the Palestinians.
- You can meet friends you haven’t seen in 20 years (okay, this one works better if you’re actually FROM here, like El 3atal who saw a classmate for the first time in a crazy number of years).
- You are helping people who definitely have less than you, no matter how little you may have.
- You can bring your kids. I saw a little girl there tonight who was probably 5 or 6 helping find things for the boxes (think miniature expediter). Great idea. I don’t think the TwinBeans are ready for prime time yet, but I think ButterBean might be.
- You can share your skills and bring your own special perspective to the crowds…
So, check out 7iber.com to find out when they’ll need people (at least through the weekend is what I’m hearing). Get off your duff and get on out there. Oh, and I don’t what to hear I don’t have a car as an excuse. If transportation is your biggest issue, drop me an e-mail a mommabean at windowslive dot com and I’ll find someone to haul your sorry hind end out there, teehee. Come on folks, let’s pull together for Gaza… And as a thought to leave you with, here’s Michael Heart’s song about Gaza, “We Will Not Go Down.” Is it awesome, so enjoy it while you plan when you can carve time to go help sort. Oh, and as a last note, let me say Aramex Rocks!