>Sunny fm has a set of ads where they ask various people here in Jordan this question. And, my, how depressing are the answers to this question. The answers range from shopping to finding money in the pocket of an unworn jacket. Anyone else wonder where helping others is?
Somehow all those asked seem to think that material goods make them happy. What a sad, fleeting happiness that is. I find myself wondering if, at a more sacred time of year, they would get different answers. I wonder if just before Ramadan people would have more focus on others and less on themselves? So, I ask you, my faithful 2 readers, what makes you happy? Here’s my list at this wonderful time of year…
- The wonder and new experience of children
- The joy that comes from giving to others
- The love of family and friends
- Finding the perfect way to say I love you
- Spending time on things that make the world a better place
I’m waiting to hear your additions…